Senior Home Health Care Services
A First Name Basis provides home health care across the southern Louisiana region and Jackson, Mississippi. We understand that for many people, our home is our sanctuary. During a person’s life, especially a senior adult, we know that certain events and circumstances will challenge their ability to live at home independently. If you or your loved on need a home health caregiver to assist with transportation, meal preparation, basic housekeeping or just someone to talk to, A First Name Basis is the perfect senior home care solution!
Whether you or a loved one requires in home care for a few hours a day or around the clock, A First Name Basis can provide the right elder care so you or your loved one can maintain independence in the comfort of their own home. Our office locations include Baton Rouge/Ascension, Metarie, Northshore/Mandeville/Covington, Lake Charges and Shreveport, LA, as well as in Jackson, MI. Call to schedule a free at-home consultation about services, or use the contact form here.
Our senior caregivers specialize in assisting clients with non-medical in-home care. Our home care agency’s staff is also equipped and trained to give medication reminders, prepare meals, do laundry, and provide basic house cleaning. Below is a detailed list of home health care services that we offer:
Personal Care At-Home
- Assistance with bathing (shower, bath, sponge bath)
- Assistance with bathroom activities (incontinence, inconsistency, urgency, accidents)
- Personal hygiene (hair care, skin care, application of lotion, oral hygiene)
- Dressing/Grooming (dressing, assistance with personal grooming)
- Assistance with mobility (walking, light exercise to retain and strengthen mobility)
- Maintain cleanliness of home – dusting, mopping, vacuuming
- Bathroom – cleaning and maintaining a sanitary environment
- Bedroom – making the bed, changing linens
- Kitchen – wiping down countertops, cleaning out the fridge
- Collecting and taking out trash
- Washing dishes
Our meal preparation services and caretakers can create nutritious and delicious meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that you or your loved one will surely enjoy! Our care providers are there to help make a good balanced meal that is good for the patient.
Seniors with health conditions or ailments no doubt have medications that need to be taken daily. Making sure that their medications are taken daily, in the proper dosage and at the right time so as not to interact with other medications takes great care and organization. Daily reminders are needed. Our Caregivers are careful to ensure that you or your loved one is taking the correct medication at the appropriate time of day. Some of the medication management services we offer include:
- Ensure medication is taken in the proper dosage at the proper time
- Logging medication intake daily
By law, our Caregivers are unable to administer medications through injections, IV therapy, suppositories, and force feeding. Only a licensed nurse may perform these duties. Please reach out to an A First Name Basis representative for more information.
- Accompanying on fun outings, such as trips to the movies
- Playing board games, piecing puzzles, and playing cards to stimulate mental awareness
- Planning social visits with neighbors and friends
- Transportation to a favorite restaurant or coffee shop